I have so much time on my hands, that when I do not do some freelance work, I need to keep myself busy. Vlogging, reading, Instagram are all good and fun BUT… I can’t possibly doing that all the time, can I. Reading, yes I could, just because! But I decided to also bake at least once a week, make a video of it and share the recipe with you.
Last week made no exception as I baked an orange cake with mascarpone frosting. And to be honest, this is the easiest most straightforward recipe ever! So achievable and so delicious as well! Especially as the orange flavor is never overpowering, the sponge is moist (hate that word, moist) and the cake makes the perfect afternoon treat!
|For the sponge
|For the frosting
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 tbsp orange zest
-180ml vegetable oil
-180ml orange juice
-225g whipping cream
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-Dries oranges slices (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a first bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and orange zest.
3. In another bowl, beat with an electric mixer oil and sugar first. Then add in the eggs and the orange juice.
4. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
5. Pour the batter into a round cake pan lined with parchment paper. Apply butter and flour on the sides. Put cake in the over for 55 minutes or when an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Take the cake out of the oven once baked. Let fully rest at room temperature. Remove from the pan and put on a plate.
7. Using an electric mixer, beat together the whipping cream, mascarpone and vanilla extract. Cover the cake with frosting and decorate with fresh raspberries and dried orange slices.
8. Pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy!
Thanks a lot for stopping by. Hope you liked this post.
See you soon,