“You’re a wizard, Harry!” I wish someone would tell me “You’re a witch, Marie“, but oh well, we can always dream. Still waiting for my letter though. Not losing hope. And getting into baking Harry Potter goodies while I wait. So I know, Harry Potter’s birthday was some time ago already but I could not help myself and try to bake Harry Potter’s birthday cake!
Happee Birthdae Harry.
And now it is your turn to try and bake it. Because, as it turns out, it is so easily made and so delicious as well! Perfect with a cup of tea, with only a thin layer of frosting, and just yummy!
|For the chocolate sponge||For the frosting|
-225g softened butter
-2 tsp baking powder
-50g cocoa powder
-150g softened butter
-330g icing sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 tbsp milk
-Pink and green coloring
1. For the chocolate sponge. Pre-heat your oven at 180°C.
2. Put the softened butter in a salad bowl and beat with an electric whip.
3. Add one by one and little by little, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Beat until fully incorporated.
4. Butter and flour two cake tins. Lin with parchment papers. Divide mixture equally between both tins. Put into the oven for 25 minutes.
5. Let out of the oven. Let cool for 25 minutes. Remove both sponges from their tins. Put on a rack and let cool.
6. For the frosting. Mix in a salad bowl softened butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Beat with an electric mixer until fully incorporated.
7. Set aside 1/4 of the mixture in a small bowl. Put a few drops of pink coloring in the big bowl. Mix until fully colored. Start little and add more coloring to get a brighter pink.
8. Cover the top of the first sponge with a thin layer of frosting. Put the other sponge atop. Cover the cake with pink frosting. Let set in the fridge for a few minutes.
9. Add a few drops of green coloring to the remaining buttercream. Beat until fully colored. Pur green frosting into a piping bag.
10. Use a toothpick to draw the latter on the pink frosting to use as template. Remove cake from the fridge. Pipe the letters on the cake.
11. Cut yourself a slice, pur yourself a cup of tea and enjoy!
Are you a big Potterhead? How many times have you read the books? And watched the movies? Have you ever tried to replicate some of the food they have? Will you give Harry Potter’s birthday cake a go?
Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you liked this post.
See you soon,
I am a huge Harry Potter fan! I even used it as the primary text for my dissertation because I enjoy it so much and it made my last year at university more fun as I spent a year analysing my favourite books. But despite listening to the audiobook more times than I can count and watching the films numerous times, I have never attempted to recreate any of the food featured in the series! But this is something I certainly want to try now after seeing your own attempt at Harry’s birthday cake! Which by the way looks fantastic and it makes me crave some cake right now!
Aww thank you so much! <3 Let me know how you get on with the recipe! I was surprised how straightforward it ended up being! =)
Oh my goodness! I love this! My sister is such a potter fan and her birthday is soon. I’m going to have to make this for her
I loved your introduction, hope your letter turns up soon. Not sure why it’s taking so long. This looks looks so good! Everyone loves birthday cake, right? x
I think that this needs to be my birthday cake for this year! I literally just wanted Harry Potter with this cake and since I was a kid I’ve wanted to eat it. I love that the recipe isn’t too complicated. I really need to give this a try! X
I’m not a Harry Potter fan but I’m a chocolate cake fan! I just like how simple this recipe is, I’ll buy some ingredients to make cake the next time I’m at the market.
Natonya | https://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com
This is so cute and such a fab idea!! I need to try to recreate this as it looks so yummy and pretty x
What an awesome recipe! This would be a fab cake for any harry potter fan, I might attempt it for my little cousin’s birthday. It looks like it’s a pretty simple recipe too which is always handy!
This is too much fun and spoke directly to my Harry Potter obsessed soul! I am going to have to do this for the next birthday in my group of friends – most of them are Harry Potter addicts too lol
Okay this is AMAZING! I hope someone makes me this for my birthday next month haha!
OK this is absolutely wonderful! It looks so cool and just like in the film, and it sounds delicious.
Honestly it looks amazing. I’m tempted to give it a go for my nephew’s birthday and change the name, he’s a huge Harry Potter fan.
Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk
Love this! I love Harry Potter but have never actually thought of recreating the iconic birthday cake? Seeing how well yours came out definitely makes me want to try it though – looks so tasty! Thanks for sharing x
yummmm! I’ve started baking with Dougie so I might do this with him later! I love your recipes, and gorgeous photos!
This is so fun! I love this idea so much and the cake looks so tasty! I am going to have to try this 🙂
Thank you! 🙂