Harry Potter Inspired Butterbeer Cookies Recipe
Remember those New Year resolutions? Specifically the one about being healthier? Well, the gym is closed now. And New Yorkers are still out by the dozen on the river bank so I am trying to avoid running. Yet, self-isolation both gives me an excuse to not work out (although I already miss it since I really enjoy it) and bake more. Especially when it comes Harry Potter inspired recipe.
Good thing I have a husband who can also eat those treats and a friend living downstairs you love all things Harry Potter! Since I am planning on baking a lot more during self-isolation, so this is perfect! I am already thinking of all the Harry Potter inspired treats I want to bake! But for today, let’s get into this Harry Potter inspired butterbeer cookies recipe!
|The butterscotch pudding mix||The butterbeer cookies|
Homemade butterscotch pudding mix
1. Start with making the butterscotch pudding mix. You may be able to find a ready-made mix in your local supermarket or online. If yes, then get that instead. If no, you can use my quick recipe to use for those Harry Potter inspired butterbeer cookies. You will get more butterscotch pudding mix with that recipe than you need for the cookies. Thus, you can keep the rest of the mix in a Tupperware for later use since it is not perishable. You can absolutely use it to make butterbeer cupcakes.
2. In a salad bowl, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, powdered milk, salt and vanilla powder. Mix until fully incorporated. Make sure to achieve a powder.
Butterbeer cookies recipe
3. New, let’s move onto the butterbeer cookies recipe itself. Pre-heat your over at 375°F or 190°C.
4. Get your food processor out. In the bowl, beat at medium speed the softened butter and sugar for a good two minutes. More if need be. Make sure all the sugar is incorporated with the butter.
5. Add in the mixture the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Stay on medium speed. Mix until combined. Scrap the sides of the bowl if needed. Then, add in a 100g of butterscotch pudding mix and beat for about 30 seconds.
6. With a mixer on low speed, add slowly the flour. Mix until combined. Then, you can add the butterscotch chips. Make sure they are evenly distributed over the cookie dough. Mix until you achieve that.
7. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookies. You can roll them for a neat look or drop the dough right from the scoop onto the baking tray. Make sure they are far enough from each other so that they don’t melt over each other.
8. Place the Harry Potter inspired butterbeer cookies in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Do not leave in the oven for more than ten minutes. Remove the baking tray. The cookies must still be soft, almost set.
9. Cook the Harry Potter inspired butterbeer cookies in batches until you have used up all the cookie dough. Let the butterbeer cookies cool on a wire rack at room temperature for thirty minutes.
10. You may now serve those Harry Potter inspired butterbeer cookies for tea time or indulge any time of the day. Or all day long since you’re home from dusk till dawn anyway!
What is your favorite Harry Potter inspired recipe? Will you try those Harry Potter inspired butterbeer cookies? Have you ever baked anything with butterscotch? What other Harry Potter recipe will you like me to try?
Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you liked this post.
See you soon,