The fall is officially here and Halloween is just a few weeks ago. Spooky season is well underway and I am so excited to see Halloween decorations all over New York City. In the meantime, those spooky cookies will for sure get you in the Halloween mood! They are super easy to make and super fun! Also, delicious with a brownies-like texture!
RELATED – Harry Potter Butterbeer Cupcakes
Spooky cookies method
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar.
- Add a few drops of black coloring.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sieve together the flour, black cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture little by little until incorporated.
- While mixing on low speed, add the milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream or cookie scoop, roll together 2 tablespoon and place on the baking sheet.
- Decorate with candy eyeballs.
- Freeze for about 10 minutes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, checking frequently after 15 minutes.
- To check if the cookies are baked, poke the side with your finger. If the edge doesn’t fall inwards they’re done, if it leaves a noticeable indentation then they need more time. Alternatively, you can use a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the cookies are done.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
What do you think of those Halloween spooky cookies? Don’t they look fun and perfect for spooky season?
RELATED – Marshmallow Ghost Brownies Recipe.
Thanks a lot for stopping by. Hope you liked this post.
See you soon,