Halloween is such a fun time of the year. Especially for me who used to live in France and the UK where spooky season is not as big. I love seeing all those over the top decorations on brownstones and everybody in costume trick or treating. Yet, what I love most is baking spooky treats and especially those Halloween pumpkin spice cookies.
RELATED – Halloween Spooky Cookies Recipe.
While I had never really paid attention to anything pumpkin spice before moving to the US – and had a very unfortunate first try at the infamous pumpkin spice latte – I must say that I love baking with it! Sometimes I just make it from scratch and some other time I purchase it ready to use. But it’s been super fun to use it in baking and sometimes even cocktails!
RELATED – Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes Recipe.
|Pumpkin Spice Cookies||Pumpkin Spice & Cocoa Cookies||Coating|
Make the pumpkin spice cookies
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, icing sugar, pumpkin purée and vanilla together.
- Add the flour and pumpkin spice, and mix into a dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the chilled dough onto the baking tray and cut out cookies using a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter.
- Leave half of the pumpkin full, and cut out eyes and mouth in the other half. I use those Halloween cookie cutters.
- Chill in cookies in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat over to 355°F or (108°C).
- Bake for about 13 to 15 minutes, checking to make sure the cookie don’t over-bake. Cookies are ready when the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Melt butter and brush all the cookies with it.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle on top of each cookie.
- Spread some Nutella on the full pumpkin cookies, and sandwich with a pumpkin face.
Make the pumpkin spice and cocoa cookies
- Repeat the same step as above to make the dough but add the cocoa powder to the flour.
- Spread some. butterscotch sauce (or caramel sauce) on the full cocoa pumpkin cookies, and sandwich with a pumpkin face.
What do you think of those Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cookies? Will you give this recipe a go? Which would you prefer? The pumpkin spice version or the chocolate one?
RELATED – Pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe.
Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you liked this post.
See you soon,