Brownies are always such an indulgent treat with a strong flavor of chocolate and a reach texture. An iconic bake in the US, why not upgrade it for another iconic aspect of life in America? That’s what those delicious marshmallow ghost brownies are for! The recipe is super simple and you’ll be able to make them at home in no time!
RELATED – Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cookies.
Those Halloween marshmallow ghosts brownies bring together the rich flavor of chocolate balanced out with the taste of pumpkin. This combination is then sweetened by marshmallow brownies and a touch of milk chocolate. The overall results is absolutely delicious and perfect for any spooky party!
RELATED – Halloween Spooky Cookies Recipe.
|For the pumpkin spice brownies||For the marshmallow ghosts|
Marshmallow ghost brownies method
Make the pumpkin spice brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a square brownies pan with parchment paper, leaving extra on all sides so that you can lift the brownies out of the pan easily.
- Whisk together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking power and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips, butter and cocoa power in a saucepan over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, eggs and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer to the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. To test if your brownies are baked, insert a toothpick. It should come our with a few crumbs attached. Each oven is different so you may need to bake longer.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let the brownies cook completely.
- Using the baking paper, lift out of the pan. Remove the paper and leave to rest on a wire rack.
Make the marshmallow ghosts
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water in a bowl to soften.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and 1/5 cup water.
- Cover over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, and boil until the temperature reaches 238°F on a thermometer.
- Add the sugar syrup to the gelatin.
- Using a stand mixer, Whisk on medium speed to start with for a few minutes, then increase speed to high until soft peaks form.
- Transfer the marshmallow into a piping bag fitted with a plain tip.
- Pipe ghost shapes on the brownies. Let dry 1 hour in the fridge.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips and transfer into a piping bag fitted with a plain tip. You may need to let the chocolate cool for just a few minutes before using.
- Pipe eyes and mouth with the milk chocolate. You can use a toothpick to make your shapes more precise or draw additional details. Let set an hour in the fridge.
Watch me making those Halloween marshmallow ghost brownies on Instagram!
What do you think of those marshmallow ghost brownies? Will you give this recipe a go? What is your favorite treat to bake during spooky season?
Thanks a lot for stopping by. Hope you liked this post.
See you soon,