I have periods where I bake all the time and others where I do not bake at all. It comes and goes. It is weird is it not? To be fair, the previous two times I baked, the results were not as expected. Big failures, that is what they were. So, I did have a break after that. I am not gonna go further on what I tried to do. Maybe it was a bit over my skills. However, those geometric diamond chocolate hearts are not.
Lately, I have felt like I could bake again. And try some new recipes. Biscuits, mini loaves and cupcakes were at the top of the list. But you know me, I have very bad luck with cupcakes. I did try to bake some but, although they tasted great, they did not look good. The batter brimmed over the baking cases so there was no way I could add buttercream atop.
However, nothing is ever wasted. I recycled the cupcakes. As part of this geometric diamond chocolate hearts recipe. To be fair, they are so easy to do yet delicious and so Instagrammable! So here the recipe should you like to give it a go too!
Ingredients for the Geometric Diamond Chocolate Hearts Recipe
|The chocolate cupcakes||The chocolate hearts||The buttercream||The decorations|
-225g softened butter
-225g caster sugar
-Pinch of salt
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-4 eggs (room temperature)
-225g self-raising flour
-80g chocolate chips
-315g white chocolate chips
-Fuchsia food coloring
-Pink food coloring
-Purple food coloring
-4 tbsp softened butter
-1 cup icing sugar
-1 tsp milk
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-40g dark chocolate chips
Recipe for the Geometric Diamond Chocolate Hearts Recipe
Make the chocolate chip cupcakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C fan/375°F/Gas 5. Line the cupcake tray with the baking cases.
- Put the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Slowly add to the butter mixture.
- Fold the flour into the batter in three additions. Add the chocolate chips.
- Fill the baking cases about two-third full. Tap the tray down a couple of time and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for a few minutes in the tray.
Make the diamond chocolate heart shells
- Melt the white chocolate chip over a bain-marie.
- Divide the mixture in three.
- Add food coloring to each batch of white chocolate and mix.
- With a spoon, cover the bottom of a silicon heart shaped mould tray with the white chocolate.
- Put in the fridge and let set for a few minutes. Then, add a second coating, filling wholes and the edges.
Make the buttercream
- Mix the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and milk until fluffy and creamy.
Assemble the geometric diamond hearts
- Crush the cupcakes in a bowl, breaking big crumbs.
- Add the buttercream and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add batter in the hearts, just below the top of each hearts.
- Cover each heart with melted white chocolate.
- Put in the fridge and let rest for a few hours.
- Remove hearts from the mold. Melt 40g of dark chocolate chips.
- With a spoon, sprinkle milted chocolate over the hearts.
- Add edible sparkles and sprinkles. Let set in the fridge for a few minutes, then serve.
View this post on Instagram
What do you think of those geometric diamond chocolate hearts? The shell is made of white chocolate and the filling of cupcake and buttercream. Quite fast and easy to make, it is also a very pretty treat!
Will you try to make it too? Let me know in the comment! Add some photos should you bake those geometric hearts!
See you soon,