It’s tiiiiiiime! I’ve never been this excited about the holidays because… I’ll get to spend them in France with my family after 5 years of not going back home. Plus, my husband and I have some travel plans to check out some Christmas markets in Alsace and Germany before we head over to Edinburgh! And as excited as I am about Christmas, I have been planning festive treats, starting with those adorable Christmas wreath vanilla cupcakes recipe!
RELATED – Christmas Gingerbread Wreath.
I’ve got a lot of Christmas baking ideas that I am trying to plan this year. It’s gonna be a bit tricky with a move across the Atlantic ocean but I’m sure it’s still doable! Not all of them have a been a success so far but you improve as you practice, am I right? Those Christmas wreath vanilla cupcakes were a success though so here is the recipe!
RELATED – Christmas double chocolate bark.
Ingredients for the wreath vanilla cupcakes
|For the vanilla cupcakes||For the Swiss meringue buttercream|
For the vanilla cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F (or 175°C).
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla until pale and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs a little then add them to the butter mixture little by little while mixing on low speed.
- Add the flour in several batches, making sure it is well combined each time.
- Add two scoops of batter to each cupcake case. I use a cookie scoop.
- Leave to rest 10 minutes before you put in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Insert a toothpick in a cupcake. If it comes out clean, it is baked. If not, it will need a big longer in the oven.
- Remove from the oven a let cool for a bit before removing from the tray and putting on a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Christmas wreath frosting
- Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan over low to medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Put the egg whites into the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Using a thermometer, keep track of the sugar syrup temperature. Once it reaches 240°F (116°C), start whisking the egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Once the sugar reaches 250°F (121°C), slowly pour the hot syrup into the whipped egg whites while still mixing on low to medium speed.
- After all the sugar is added, increase speed to high and whisk until the meringue has cooled to lukewarm, and if stiff and fluffy.
- Diced the soften butter and add one by one, always whisking.
- Continue until all the butter is added and mix until the meringue is smooth and glossy.
- Add the green and yellow color. You may add several drops of each until the desired color is achieved. I used a mix of teal, bright green and yellow.
- Pour into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe all around the outer edge of the cupcake to achieve a wreath shape.
- Add Christmas sprinkles of all shapes and color to decorate the wreath.
How excited are you about this holiday season? Have you started thinking of your Christmas baking yet? What do you think of those Christmas wreath vanilla cupcakes?
Wanna see baking videos? Follow me on Instagram!
Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you liked this post.
See you soon,