Who does not like some tea in the afternoon? With some vanilla shortbread biscuits, sitting outside in the garden in the sun, it is simply heavenly. Now, if you are looking to kick up your afternoon tea, I have the recipe just for you! Why not try this delicious and boozy Earl Grey and Gin tea at home? It is the simplest cocktail to make and I guarantee it will get you in the perfect mood for the remainder of the weekend for sure!
|Earl Grey Simple Syrup||Earl Grey And Gin Tea||Equipment|
Make the Earl Grey simple syrup
- Bring 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add 2 Earl Grey tea bags.
- Steep for 5 minutes and remove the tea bags.
- Let cool completely before using.
- You can store the Earl Grey simple syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Make the Earl Grey and Gin Tea
- Stir 3oz gin, 1oz orange juice, 1 1/2 tbsp early grey simple syrup and 1 cup soda, on ice.
- Strain into a teapot.
- Add a large ice cube to a tea cup and pour Earl Grey and Gin tea over.
You can also watch a video of the Earl Grey and Gin tea being made over on my Instagram.
If you’re not a fan of Earl Grey, you can switch it for your favorite tea when making the simple syrup. This cocktail really is super versatile and can be changed to fit everyone’s tastes!
What do you think of this cocktail recipe? Have you ever had a boozy tea like that? Will you try this recipe? If you have your own tea cocktail recipe, please, do let me know in the comments!
Thanks a lot for stopping by. Hope you liked this post.
See you soon,