Ever tried boozy gummy bears? They are your usual gummy bears but made with… booze, you got it! Now that I have your attention, back to this blog post! November has started so I can spam you with Christmas content without any guilt! Count is down, Christmas is in just seven weeks. Let’s start practicing our baking skills before the big day, shall we? I am just saying that because it took me a few times before mastering the art of making Lambrini gummy bears!
They sound so easy to make – and they are, it is just me who, when changing gelatin with the vegan alternative, did not change the quantity and ended up with some sticky mess. Any recipe saying 50g of gelatin will use just 2 tablespoons of Agar power instead, just so you know!
Back to our Lambrini gummy bears recipe! It is boozy (obv! and yeah!), it is delicious and… it is vegan! So that everyone can enjoy the fruit of your hard labour in the kitchen! This recipe makes for a lot of gummy bears but you can reduce the quantity of course! Also, I choose Lambrini because it is the cheapest sparkling wine on the market (€2 or £1.5) while still being good, but you can use any other wine!
Ingredients (for 100 gummy bears)
-500ml Lambrini (or any other wine)
-2 tablespoon Agar agar powder
-Food coloring (if using rosé)
1. Put molds in the freezer for 10 minutes.
2. Whisk together the Lambrini, sugar and agar power in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar and agar powder are fully dissolved.
3. Bring to a simmer while whisking, then let simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Remove from the stove and let cool for a few minutes.
5. Remove molds from the freezer and fill molds with the mixture.
6. Put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the freezer and gummy bears from the mold.
8. Eat gummy bears on their own or let soak in a glass of Lambrini. Keep in the fridge for a few days.
Have you ever tried boozy gummy bears? Or attempted to make them yourself? What do you think of this recipe? Will you try it? What Christmas recipe would like to see on the blog?
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you liked this post!
See you soon,