Baking is a hobby of mine. There are months where I will bake every weekend while others where I will not bake at all. The same happens with reading: some months I read up to eight books while some others I will just manage two. As a bake more and more however, I try more recipes and get bolder with all the baking challenges I set myself. Even though I do still enjoy going back to recipes my mother may have introduced me to, like this chocolate cake recipe, I like to wander on my own baking path as well. As a lover of all things lemony, and after giving you a recipe of my favorite lemon meringue pie, I decided to stay one with lemons and moved onto the best and easiest lemon cake recipe ever.
The Best And Easiest Lemon Cake Recipe
By that I mean, I am turning a lemon cake recipe that may seem complicated into something that is super easy and that all beginners can do! Because sometimes, a lengthy complex recipe can be a huge turn of and really scrap that desire to bake! Not only is the lemon cake recipe the best, but it is also the easiest and the fastest ever!
Ingredients for the lemon cake:
-150g white sugar
-15g baking soda
-2 small lemons
Method for the cake
1. Pre-heat your oven at temperature 180°C. Melt the butter in a hot-water bath.
2. Clean the lemons. Grate the lemon to get the zest. Cut them in half and squeeze to get the juice.
3. Mix the flour, sugar and baking soda together. Add the eggs, one by one and mix. Add the melted butter, the lemon juice and lemon zest.
4. Butter a baking pan and add the mixture.
5. Cook for 40 minutes in the oven. Check with a knife if the lemon cake is cooked everywhere.
6. Put on a plate, pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy! Your lemon cake is ready to eat!
So, did this lemon cake recipe make you hungry? Are you in the baking mood now? Do you like lemon cake? Do yo often bake with lemon? Will you try this lemon cake recipe? Please, don’t be shy, tell me everything!
Did you know I am also on Youtube?
Thank you for reading. I hope you liked this post!
See you soon,