Ho, ho, ho, we’re getting ourselves in the festive mood and practicing for Christmas Day. Or at least, I am. I want to do a ton of holiday baking this year. Thus, the second installment in that series is this amazing sweet and savory Christmas cookies recipe. Forget about your classic chocolate chip cookie. This year, we’re making it festive, as well as sweet and savory!
RELATED – Christmas wreath vanilla cupcakes.
I love cookies. They are so delicious! Especially when they are so soft and chewy in the middle. However, sometimes, they can be too much. One solution is to bring down the sweetness by adding a touch of salt. That’s exactly what those Christmas cookies do! The salt in the pretzels and crisps beautifully balance the sugar in the chocolate chips and M&Ms. All in all, the flavors are delicious and it’s the perfect treat to have with your afternoon tea!
Ingredients for the Christmas cookies
|For the cookie dough
|For the toppings
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs slightly and pour slowly into the mix while still mixing. Add in the vanilla.
- Sieve the flour, baking power, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the cookie dough one table spoon at a time, until combined.
- Add in all the toppings: M&Ms, white chocolate chips, pretzel, chips and sprinkles. Fold in with a spatula.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop one scoop worth of dough for each cookie on the baking sheet; about two inches apart.
- If you want, you can add additional topping on the rolled dough; or wait until they are out of the oven to add more.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
- And there you go, your sweet and savory Christmas cookies are ready!
What do you think of this Christmas cookies recipe? Will you give it a go during the holidays? What is your favorite cookie recipe?
Want to see baking recipe videos? Follow me on Instagram!
Thanks a lot for stopping by. Hope you liked this post.
See you soon,