Since I was a child, I have always been loving mint chocolate chip ice cream. When grocery shopping in winter, I was requested cones and magnums. When on holiday, it was my go to flavor. Still is. Although I now alternative with stracciatella.
I just love the taste. The peppermint and the crush of chocolate. Isn’t it the best? Mint chocolate chip ice cream send me back to summer and reminds me of all the holidays, at my parents’ home and in Corsica. Miss those days.
The sun, the warmth, the blue sky.
And I know ice cream is not really a winter treat and that it is very cold these days, too cold for ice cream. But since it is ice cream and can be kept in the freezer indefinitely, I thought, why not make my own? And have it around every time I want some?
So I did! And here’s how to make mint chocolate chip ice cream!
-600g whipping cream
-398g condensed milk
-1/2 tsp peppermint extract
-Green food coloring
-Blue food coloring
1. In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream for about 10 minutes, until it forms stiff peaks.
2. In another bowl, mix together the condensed milk, peppermint extract, drops of both food coloring and the chocolate chips. Keep a bit of chocolate chips for the end.
3. Incorporate the whipped cream little by little. Fold everything together until fully combined.
4. Poor into a cake tin or a 3 QT pan.
5. Drop some green coloring on the top and draw shapes with the tip of a chop stick or spoon. Sprinkle with chocolate chip.
6. Put into the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
7. Serve with whipped cream and biscuits.
What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Do you like mint chocolate chip ice cream? Have you ever tried to make your own? What do you think of this recipe? Will you give it a go?
Are you following me on Youtube yet?
Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you liked this post.
See you soon, love, Corinne.