So… It’s been a year and a half now. A year and a half since I graduated from the University of Edinburgh. Since I am no longer a student. And since I can no longer enjoy that student discount. Movies are quite expensive you know. A 10% off ASOS is always welcome. Many other things happened since. It has been a bit of a roller coaster. But mainly a good one.
There has been a few moves up and down the United Kingdom. Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, London. And as many opportunities to learn, to grow, to find myself and have a clearer idea of what I want from life. There has been failures and successes, all of whom were lessons. There has been broken and new friendships. People getting out of my life and people coming in.
Yet, the biggest change probably was leaving university and entering the working world, which also meant entering adulthood. Which is quite hard some times. But enjoyable at the same times. Actually, they are aspects of both lives I miss and enjoy.
What I miss from university
- A carefree lifestyle, no responsibility but to pass exams and barely any consequences.
- Skipping classes to go chill in the sun or sleep in.
- Going out every other night and be able to function in class nonetheless.
- Long lunches with my friends.
- Having loads of time for me and a social life.
- Student discounts.
- Four months summer and holiday every other month.
What I don’t miss from university
- Having to spend days and nights at the library to study.
- Exams and essays, deadlines and grades.
- Having no money and being financially dependent.
- Dealing with the administration.
- Getting super drunk on cheap alcohol.
- Drama over so-called unfair grading and who gets the best grade.
I miss a few things about university but overall, I am SO GLAD I am no longer a student. Yes, it is not easy every day but I am still having a blast. Being in control, making money and spending it the way I want, enjoying what I have, traveling. So, I might still be a bit uncertain about my career and things, but I am quite enjoying life right now. I am sure many more surprises and good things are to come.
Amongst other, I am adopting a teeny tiny kitten in July.
Still need a name for her. She is ginger so maybe Gingembre.
Also, I feel this needs to be mentioned. I am talking about my experience here. I am well aware university is different for everyone on many fronts, that not everyone can afford to be carefree or enjoyed their time as a student.
What about you? What do you miss about being a student? Anything you’re happy to live without? How was it for you to leave university and enter the working world?
Thanks a lot for stopping by. Hope you liked this post.
See you soon,
*Some items in this post has been gifted to me.