My favorite sweet treats are the one lemon-based. Who does not like lemon? Well, I mean, it is such a great fruit to play with when it comes to baking. But also when it comes to cooking savory. Thus, you got it, I love lemon. Furthermore, the only reason why you do not get more lemon-based recipes on this blog is because I am trying to add variation and diversity to my baking. Otherwise it’d be quite boring. Even though I do not believe lemon can ever be boring! It definitely is not when baking a lemon meringue pie!
I think a lemon meringue pie is the best way to use lemon in baking. The best way I have found so far. Yet, I do admit they are amazing in macarons! However, the last time I tried, I ended up with lemon tuiles, which were very good, I will give them that. So far, I just manage to do chocolate macarons, which is already quite something isn’t it? Indeed, macarons are known for being difficult to bake. So may variables involved!
Anyway, back to the point. A lemon meringue pie offsets the sourness of the lemon with the sweet creamy meringue. It’s almost like both were made for each other. I do love lemon pies as well but the meringue really upgrades it! So I thought I’d share my lemon meringue pie recipe with you today!
The easiest lemon meringue pie recipe
Ingredients for the lemon meringue pie:
-1 Shortcrust pastry roll
-180g white sugar
-20cl crème fraîche
-150g icing sugar
Method of the lemon meringue pie
1. Pre-heat your oven at temperature 180°C. Then, spread the pastry in a round baking pan. Pierce with a fork in multiple places. Next, put baking beans on top. Bake for ten minutes in the oven.
2. In a bowl, put two full eggs and two yolks. Set the two whites apart. Then, add the crême fraîche and the sugar. Mix thoroughly.
3. Grate the lemons to retrieve the zests. Then, squeeze them for the juice. Mix the lemon juice and zest with the mixture.
4. Take the baking pan out of the oven. Remove the baking beans. After that, add the lemony mixture. Bake for thirty minutes.
5. In another bowl, use the two whites you had previously set apart. Add two other whites. Whip them to a light mousse. Next, add the icing sugar, little by little, still whipping. This stage is probably the most important for a delicious lemon meringue pie. Indeed, the meringue makes the difference!
6. After the thirty minutes have gone, add the meringue mixture on top of the pie. After that, you can draw patterns on the surface with a spoon or a fork. Put it back in the oven for ten minutes.
7. Leave the pie on the oven (turned off) for 40 minutes so that the top of the meringue gets crunchy.
8. Pour yourself a cup of tea, get a slice and enjoy!
That’s it! Yes, that is just it! I promise! This lemon meringue pie recipe is the easiest I could come up with. Or , actually, that my mum came up with since she is the one who made me discover this delicious lemony treat. However, I can assure you lemon meringue pies are easy and quick to make and always the perfect treat for tea time!
So, what do you think? Do you love a good lemon meringue pie? Or just lemon based cakes? Are you hungry now? Wanna bake a pie soon?
Did you know I am on Youtube? Why not check out my videos?
Hope you liked the recipe. Thanks for reading.
See you soon,
I love different kinds of pie but it’s definitely hard to turn down a good lemon meringue pie recipe! I think this looks amazing and I’d love a slice right now! I’m totally keeping the recipe, thanks!
I love baking, it’s like therapy for me and although my husband would say that we could just buy whatever in the bakery, there’s nothing quite like making your own! Right? This pie sounds like heaven and I’d love to try your recipe!
This brings back some great childhood memories. As a kid in used to LOVE lemon meringue pie. As an adult, I’d love to try a vegan variety of this dish!
I have never made a Lemon Meringue Pie. My grandmother used to make them and she would never share her recipe. They were beautiful and I still to this day remember the way they tasted. I am going to call Mum and she if she knows the recipe. Yours looks wonderful.
OMG yeaaa girl I wanna bake this meringue pie ! my mouth is watering I need this recipe in my life ! looks super delicious and your food photography skills are on point !
Looks gooood! Surprisingly I like meringue pie, well the meringue basically. And to be able to make it on your own (I hope), will be awesome. I will do your detailed recipe soon 🙂
It is always good to have lemon meringue pie and I have baked it a number of times because my husband just loves it!
My husband loves lemon meringue pie! I am going to try this recipe out. Thank you!
So, what do you think? – I am honestly dying to know where is the tea set from! It`s gorgeous.
Do you love lemon meringue pie? Or just lemon based cakes? Not into the zesty desserts but I love lemons in their pure form, and lemonade, gosh! I love lemonade.
Are you hungry now? Honestly, I am. Your imagery looks stunning and I am sure the pie is delicious.
Wanna bake a pie soon? Yes, but if I will try and bake anything my kitchen will be on fire.
Ooh I love lemon meringue pie, mainly because its one of the few desserts that is usually gluten free for me to enjoy! This looks like a great version, I will try it!
That’s a very sweet recipe. Me and my family loves sweets. So I maybe tryin’ this one. ~~ thanks.
It is always good to have lemon meringue pie
This recipe looks delicious- and sounds delicious, too! I’ll have to make it as soon as the temp cools back down here 😀 That serving set, though! Goodness, how gorgeous is that! I absolutely need to know where it’s from ;-;