Lavender is some of my favorite floral flavors to work with while baking or even making cocktails. Thus, I decided after Mother’s Day to start a short lavender bake series, including those deliciously looking lemon lavender muffins. If you’ve been reading my blog lately, you probably saw my lavender chiffon cake recipe! So delicious!
RELATED – Blueberry Lavender Cookies Recipe.
I will be posting some other exciting lavender-based recipes including blueberry lavender cookies which turned out absolutely amazing, as well as lavender earl grey madeleines with purple glazing. However, for now, let’s focus on those lemon lavender muffins, which are the perfect breakfast treat and are just so light!
|For the lemon lavender muffins||For the lemon glazing|
Lemon lavender muffin recipe
- Preheat oven to 325°F or 165°C.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and yogurt. Alternate between the two, and mix until just incorporated.
- Add the lemon juice, vanilla, and zest.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer, and gently fold in the dried lavender.
- Pour the batter into a muffin tin lined with muffin liners and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and cool on a rack.
- Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a bowl, and whisk together.
- Drizzle the cooled lemon lavender muffins with icing.
- Top with dried lavender, and decorative sugar.
If you want to see a baking video of the lemon lavender muffins, there’s in one on Instagram.
What do you think of those lemon lavender muffins? How would you like the flavor combination of lemon and lavender? Will you give this recipe a go?
Thanks a lot for stopping by. Hope you liked this post.
See you soon,