“You’re a wizard, Harry!” I wish someone would tell me “You’re a witch, Marie“, but oh well, we can always dream. Still waiting for my letter though. Not losing hope. And getting into baking Harry Potter goodies while I wait. So I know, Harry Potter’s birthday was some time ago already but I could not help myself and try to bake Harry Potter’s birthday cake!
Happee Birthdae Harry.
And now it is your turn to try and bake it. Because, as it turns out, it is so easily made and so delicious as well! Perfect with a cup of tea, with only a thin layer of frosting, and just yummy!
|For the chocolate sponge||For the frosting|
-225g softened butter
-2 tsp baking powder
-50g cocoa powder
-150g softened butter
-330g icing sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 tbsp milk
-Pink and green coloring
1. For the chocolate sponge. Pre-heat your oven at 180°C.
2. Put the softened butter in a salad bowl and beat with an electric whip.
3. Add one by one and little by little, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Beat until fully incorporated.
4. Butter and flour two cake tins. Lin with parchment papers. Divide mixture equally between both tins. Put into the oven for 25 minutes.
5. Let out of the oven. Let cool for 25 minutes. Remove both sponges from their tins. Put on a rack and let cool.
6. For the frosting. Mix in a salad bowl softened butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Beat with an electric mixer until fully incorporated.
7. Set aside 1/4 of the mixture in a small bowl. Put a few drops of pink coloring in the big bowl. Mix until fully colored. Start little and add more coloring to get a brighter pink.
8. Cover the top of the first sponge with a thin layer of frosting. Put the other sponge atop. Cover the cake with pink frosting. Let set in the fridge for a few minutes.
9. Add a few drops of green coloring to the remaining buttercream. Beat until fully colored. Pur green frosting into a piping bag.
10. Use a toothpick to draw the latter on the pink frosting to use as template. Remove cake from the fridge. Pipe the letters on the cake.
11. Cut yourself a slice, pur yourself a cup of tea and enjoy!
Are you a big Potterhead? How many times have you read the books? And watched the movies? Have you ever tried to replicate some of the food they have? Will you give Harry Potter’s birthday cake a go?
Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you liked this post.
See you soon,