You know how much of a Harry Potter fan I am. And it seems I am on a roll when it comes to Harry Potter content, namely Harry Potter recipes! Today is all about pumpkin pasties! No need to hop on the Hogwarts Express to enjoy those delicious treats.
And they would make the perfect appetizers! Just like my Harry Potter butterbeer cupcakes will make the perfect dessert! And I should know. I have tried them, maintenance in my building did too and Philip’s lab ate the few left in no time!
-1 small pumpkin
-4 tbsp butter
-2 garlic clove
-1 cup white cheddar
-Salt & pepper
-2 pie crusts
Method for the pumpkin pasties
1. Roast the pumpkin. Pre-heat oven at 175°C. Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds. Rub with olive oil. Lay aluminium oil on a baking tray. Place the halves on the tray flesh-side. Cook for 45 minutes or until tender.
2. Remove the pumpkin from the oven. Let cool then scoop pumpkin flesh out of the skins and into a large bowl.
3. Make the filling. Pre-heat oven at 200°C. Mash pumpkin flesh with butter. Stir in garlic and cheddar season. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
4. Thaw pie dough according to package directions. Dust a large surface with flour. Cut circles using the top of a glass. Re-roll scraps if necessary.
5. Spoon 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture onto the center of each circle. Fold the pie dough in half. You should create half-moons. Press the dough end together. You should need 1/2 inch borders.
6. Use a fork to seal the ends and to decorate. Then, cut three slivers on the tops of each pie for ventilation.
7. Line a baking tray with baking sheet. Transfer the pasties to the baking tray. Coat with egg wash. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until crust turns golden.
8. Remove from the oven once baked. Transfer the pumpkin pasties onto a rack and let cool. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Have you ever made pumpkin pasties before? Will you try to make them yourself at home? What’s your favorite Harry Potter treat? Which one have you tried to bake already?
Are you following me on Youtube?
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you loved this post.
See you soon,