Are you a Harry Potter fan? A Potterhead as they are being called? Me too! Harry Potter is the one saga I can read and re-read, watch and re-watch without ever being bored, without any pleasure! So of course, I do love to do anything Harry Potter related! A few months ago I baked Harry Potter’s birthday cake! Today’s I am baking butterbeer cupcakes!
Butterbeer. Rings a bell?! As in that drink they get so often! And that looks so delicious! I also plan on trying to make those. But I was in the mood for cupcakes so butterbeer cupcakes I baked! And here’s the recipe!
Ingredients for the butterbeer cupcakes
|For the cupcakes||For the butterscotch ganache||For the frosting|
-2 cups flour
-1 cup light brown sugar
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 vegetable oil
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup buttermilk
-1/2 cup cream soda
-3/4 cup butterscotch chips
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-2 cups heavy cream
-1/3 cup butterscotch instant pudding mix dry
-1/2 cup icing sugar
Method for the cupcakes
1. The butterbeer sponges. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Line cupcake pans with muffins paper cups.
2. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
3. In the bowl of a food processor, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla extract and buttermilk.
4. Beat in the dry ingredients and the cream soda, alternating between the two until fully incorporated.
5. Add 1/4 batter in each cupcake cup. Put in the oven for 18 minutes. Remove from the oven once baked and let cool on a cooling rack.
6. The butterscotch ganache. Make the butterscotch sauce while the cupcakes are cooling. Bring the heavy cream to a simmer in a pan.
7. Add in the butterscotch chips. Turn off the heat. Let sit for a few minutes.
8. Whisk cream and chips together until the sauce is smooth. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes so that it thickens.
9. The frosting. In the bowl of a food processor, combine together the heavy cream, butterscotch instant pudding mix and icing sugar. Beat until the cream is light and fluffy.
10. Remove the butterscotch ganache from the fridge. Dip the tops of the cupcakes in the sauce. Place cupcakes in the fridge for 15 minutes for the sauce to sit.
11. Place frosting into a pipping bag. Remove cupcakes from the oven. Pipe frosting on top of each sponge. With a fork, sprinkle leftover ganache on top of the frosting. Optional – sprinkle decorative sprinkles. Put in the freezer for a few minutes.
12. Remove from the freezer. Pour yourself a cup of tea and enjoy!
What do you think? How do they look? Appetizing right?! And they do taste delicious! Have you ever tried butterbeer? Fancy making those at home?
Thanks a lot for stopping by! I hope you liked this post!
See you soon,
I’ll be honest, I never seen Harry Potter before but these cupcakes are something I would definitely eat! This morning, I had butter toffee coffee and it would’ve been nice to have this along with my cup. My mom’s birthday is on Halloween and she definitely would enjoy this as a treat! Plus, I like that you don’t actually use beer 🙂
Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com
These look lovely, thanks for sharing 🙂
Nic | Nic’s Adventures & Bakes
Glad you like them 🙂