How much do you like chocolate? I can’t say I do not like it. However, the older I get, the less chocolate I tolerate. Let me explain. Dark chocolate that we either eat raw (although rarely as far as I am concerned) or use in baking, has a very strong and sour flavor. You eat just a little bit of it. Like a tiny piece with your coffee for example. When I bake with chocolate, I try to go for recipe that will have component offsetting the sourness of the chocolate. That is probably why I can’t eat chocolate cheesecake or cupcakes. There simply is too much chocolate! It is stuffing and slightly sickly. If you are like me, you understand. However, when I got back into baking recently and I wanted to make a chocolate cake, I knew I had to do something about it.
I love brownies and chocolate cakes. As long as the chocolate flavor is not too strong. Which defies the purpose, I know. It needs to taste of chocolate otherwise it’s not really a chocolate cake, isn’t it! Good thing that the recipe I use to make the most delicious moist soft chocolate cake achieve that! It tastes of chocolate, but it is not too strong nor sour. It is just perfect! I remember my mum’s chocolate cake recipe: moist, airy, light, with just the perfect taste of chocolate. My recipe is actually hers!
I had not baked for a long time before this cake. Baking is something I do really enjoy! I think it is quite soothing, relaxing and creative! And the results of your hard work? A delicious treat to eat! I was mostly focusing on lemon previously, since it is one of my favorite fruits to work with. But today, I am in the mood for some chocolate and wanna bake a chocolate cake! So here. we go!
The easiest and quickest chocolate cake recipe
-200g black chocolate
-125 white sugar
-15g baking powder
1. First thing first, pre-heat your oven at temperature 180°
2. Melt the chocolate in hot water-bath. Then add the butter.
3. Separate the yolks and egg whites in two salad bowl.
4. Mix the yolks with the sugar and a bit of water until it looks slightly foaming.
5. Add the melted chocolate and butter to the mixture and stir together.
6. Whisk the egg white to form stiff peaks. Blend into the mixture.
7. Butter a baking pan and add in the mixture. Put in the oven and let bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
8. Use a knife to see if cooked. Let cool at room temperature. Pour yourself a cuppa and enjoy!
Any fan of chocolate amongst you? Or any keen bakers? What do you think of this recipe? Sounds so easy, right?! Are you going to try it? If so, tag us in so that we can see your pictures!
Why not follow me on Instagram?
I hope you liked this post. Thanks for reading.
See you soon,