So, I baked another orange cake but this time, it is a berry orange cake! Berry because it’s covered in berries. Orange cake, still, because instead of orange juice, I used oranges that I turned into orange juice. It is also the third time I made a layered cake but this time… Both sponges came out of the oven in the exact same size!
How amazing is that!
The two sponges were so similar! Like the same! And flat. Usually, my cakes puff up in the middle and I end up having to cute the top to make the cake flat. Or try and go around the weird shape.
But not this time. And what came out was a delicious berry orange cake and here comes the recipe just for you!
|For the sponge||For the topping|
-60ml agave syrup
-1 cup olive oil
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-473ml heavy whipping cream
-60ml agave syrup
1. Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
2. Peel the oranges. Place in a blender with 60ml agave syrup. Blend till juice forms. Set aside.
3. Whisk the sugar, eggs and olive until fully combined. Stir in the orange juice. Add in baking powder, baking soda and flour. Stir until combined.
4. Butter and flour two round cake tins and line with parchment paper. Divide batter equally between the two tins. Bake for 45 minutes.
5. Remove cakes from the oven and let cool at room temperature. Take cakes off the tins and let cool on a rack.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream and Agave syrup together until light and fluffy.
7. Cover the first sponge with 1/3 of the whipped cream. Place the other sponge on top. Cover second sponge with the remaining cream. Add fresh raspberries and blueberries. Sprinkle with more agave syrup (optional).
What do you think? Do you like orange cakes? Will you give a go to this recipe? How good are you with baking layered cakes?
I make baking videos over on Youtube. Follow if you fancy!
Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you liked this post.
See you soon,
Oh my, I should not be reading this post before I have to cook dinner. I don’t want pasta now I want ALLLLLLLL the cake, it looks absolutely delicious. Orange cake is one of my favourites, much more so than lemon. Bookmarking this for later, yum, thank you for sharing! x
Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com
Holy … this looks so delicious. I want more than one slice please and I wish I had your talent to copy this exactly. Bbuuuuut I am going to give it a try nonetheless, even if mine won’t look so aesthetically pleasing ??
This looks sooooooooo delicious! I honestly dont have the patience to cook haha im gonna send this post to a friend of mine so she can cook it for me lol.
This is making me hungry. And I feel like this is a very moist cake. And now I made myself giggle at the word moist.
Cake looks amazing
Oh my gosh this looks delicious! I love citrus cakes (orange, lemon, lime… I’m not fussy!)
I’ve been trying to get into baking recently, although I’m not very good! Tempted to give this a try.
Okay, I thought the last one was the biggest temptation you could throw my way, but THIS….. This looks AMAZING! I need to make that, like, yesterday! Wow!
I love orange cakes, it’s one of my favourite flavours and this one looks absolutely delicious. Craving cake now! x
Oh my, this looks absolutely amazingggg! It looks so light, flavoursome and perfect for summer! Plus it has berries on it, so it has gotta be healthy right? 😉 Thanks for sharing the recipe Corinne, really want some cake now! <3 xx
Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com