So, I baked another orange cake but this time, it is a berry orange cake! Berry because it’s covered in berries. Orange cake, still, because instead of orange juice, I used oranges that I turned into orange juice. It is also the third time I made a layered cake but this time… Both sponges came out of the oven in the exact same size!
How amazing is that!
The two sponges were so similar! Like the same! And flat. Usually, my cakes puff up in the middle and I end up having to cute the top to make the cake flat. Or try and go around the weird shape.
But not this time. And what came out was a delicious berry orange cake and here comes the recipe just for you!
|For the sponge||For the topping|
-60ml agave syrup
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-473ml heavy whipping cream
-60ml agave syrup
1. Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
2. Peel the oranges. Place in a blender with 60ml agave syrup. Blend till juice forms. Set aside.
3. Whisk the sugar, eggs and olive until fully combined. Stir in the orange juice. Add in baking powder, baking soda and flour. Stir until combined.
4. Butter and flour two round cake tins and line with parchment paper. Divide batter equally between the two tins. Bake for 45 minutes.
5. Remove cakes from the oven and let cool at room temperature. Take cakes off the tins and let cool on a rack.
6. Using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream and Agave syrup together until light and fluffy.
7. Cover the first sponge with 1/3 of the whipped cream. Place the other sponge on top. Cover second sponge with the remaining cream. Add fresh raspberries and blueberries. Sprinkle with more agave syrup (optional).
What do you think? Do you like orange cakes? Will you give a go to this recipe? How good are you with baking layered cakes?
I make baking videos over on Youtube. Follow if you fancy!
Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope you liked this post.
See you soon,