Did you know? According to the season calendar, the fall starts on September 1st. It is only according to the astrological calendar that it starts on September 23rd. Let’s follow the season and get into full fall mode with this delicious autumn apple pavlova recipe. It’s sweet, delicious and the perfect treat for a cozy afternoon in.
RELATED – Blackberry & Cinnamon Autumn Cupcakes.
Ingredients for the autumn apple pavlova
|Pavlova||Caramelized apples||Caramel sauce||Maple cream|
Make the pavlova
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium-high speed (4) until soft peaks form.
- Reduce speed to medium (3) and add the sugar one tablespoon at a time, making sure each addition is fully incorporated.
- Turn the mixer back to medium high speed (4) until the sugar is dissolved, and the egg whites are thick and glossy, and hold their shape well.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and white vinegar.
- Add in the cornstarch mixture and mix for 45 seconds on high speed (6).
- Spread the pavlova meringue on the baking sheet, forming a circle. Create decorate peaks around the edges if desired.
- Place the pavlova in the oven. As soon as you close the oven door, reduce heat to 225°F (110°C). Bake for 90 minutes, without opening the door so that no air comes in interrupting the baking process.
- Turn the oven off and leave the pavlova cool inside the oven
Make the caramelized apples
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Remove the core of each apple and cute in slices.
- Melt the butter and then pour into a bowl.
- Add the sugar and pumpkin pie spice, and whisk together with the butter.
- Add the apples and make sure they are fully coated in the sugar mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and transfer the apples to the sheet.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, turning the slices over half-way through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before using.
Make the caramel sauce
- Heat the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Continuing stirring until the sugar is fully melted and all clumps are gone.
- Add the butter and combined until melted and fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the cream while constantly stirring. The mixture will bubble a lot because the cream is colder than the caramel.
- Once the cream is incorporated, stop stirring and let boil for a minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the salt. Stir immediately.
- Transfer into a glass container and let cool a bit before using.
- Keep the left overs for future recipes!
Make the maple cream
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, whisk the cream until peaks form.
- Add the maple syrup and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk on slow speed for a minute.
Assemble the autumn apple pavlova
- Place the baked pavlova on a plate or cake stand.
- Spread the maple cream on top of the pavlova.
- Spoon the cooled caramelized apples atop the cream.
- Drizzle with the salted caramel sauce and chopped pecans.
Have you started baking fall recipes yet? When are you intending to do so? What do you think of this autumn apple pavlova recipe? Will you give it a go?
Want to see a video of this pavlova? Follow me on Instagram!
Thanks a lot for stopping by. Hope you liked this post.
See you soon,